THE CALL OF THE HEART
Posted on Thu, 2017-11-09 15:49
After a hugely successful Couples Retreat in Iran earlier this year, The World Federation is pleased to announce that applications are now open for 2018!
The course runs from Thursday 12th April 2018 until Sunday 22nd April 2018 in Iran . The Couples Retreat is ideal for married couples to gain a deeper understanding of Islam as well as of each and their future together. Couples will take part in a number of workshops, Ziyarats, meetings with scholars and so much more!
"It is a must for all married couples to go through something like this. To start their marriage this way, it's so important."
Dates: Thursday 12th April 2018 to Sunday 22nd April 2018 - Applicants must arrive in Iran no later than Wednesday 11th April 2018.
Cost per couple: GBP 700 / EUR 800/ USD 900
This fee includes:
Flights: Tehran - Mashhad - Tehran
Internal Transfers: Tehran - Qum - Tehran
All internal daily transport
4 nights’ hotel stay in Mashhad
7 nights’ hotel stay in Qum
A day trip to Tehran
3 meals per day
All teaching, instruction and visits to scholars
Please note the fee does not include:
Airfare to and from Iran
Any extra days spent in Iran before or after the course
Money for shopping, personal necessities, etc.
Insurance and any medical expense in Iran
Who can apply?
Age Group: 22 years - 45 years.
The minimum number required for the course is 5 couples (10 individuals) and only a maximum of 8 couples (16 individuals) will be accepted. Please note, the course is not suitable for children and no child-minding arrangements will be made.
The course is tailored to:
1. Enable participants to discuss various challenges they face and to seek advice and guidance on these issues.
2. Provide participants with an overview of Islamic Family Ethics.
3. Help couples seek academic and authoritative responses to the various ideological questions on Islam.
4. Encourage the sharing of experiences between participants and experts/specialised teachers in the Islamic Seminary.
5. Achieve spiritual upliftment through some Ibadat programmes and ethical discussions.
6. Meet and interact with some renowned scholars & Maraje.
7. Allow interaction, exchange of ideas and networking with like-minded individuals.
8. Performing the Ziyarat of Imam al-Ridha (AS) and Sayyida Fatima al-Ma’sooma (AS).
1. Ziyarat of Imam Ali al-Ridha (AS)
2. Ziyarat of Sayyida Fatima al-Ma’sooma (SA)
3. Tour of Qum and historical sites
4. Meetings with scholars & other renowned personalities
5. Visit to the Holy Mosque of Jamkaran
6. Day trip to Tehran and its main religious sites
The Educational Programme will consist of a mixture of formal and informal sessions with scholars and experts. The sessions will cover:
1. Aqaid (Theology)
2. Quranic Principles
3. I slamic Family Ethics
4. Islamic Ethics
5. Spirituality in the school of the Ahlul-Bait (AS)
6. The Philosophy & Etiquette of Ziyarat
Couples Feedback videos & blogs from 2017
Hear from 8 of our participants who went on the course last year!
Watch their heartfelt feedback videos here.
"Throughout the journey, the strangers we started with have now become lifelong friends." Read more here.
Read our previous Couples Retreat report.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 25th February 2018 . Places are very limited so book your spot early.
Please note: To secure a place for you and your spouse, a nonrefundable deposit of 200 GBP/ USD 250/ EUR 250, must be made after completing the online application form.*
The Saudi Ulema and the Shi‘a of Saudi Arabia
By RAIHAN ISMAIL
Centre for Arab & Islamic Studies, Australian National University, Canberra ACT, Australia
During the Holy month of Muharram, we will remember the sacrifices made by Imam Hussain (as) and the Ahl al-Bayt, at a tragic battle in Karbala.
To increase our awareness around Muharram and the valuable teachings left behind by Imam Hussain (as), there will be a series of lectures for the first 12 days of Muharram hosted by The World Federation Regional Bodies.