TO FREE A SOUL
The World Federation of KSIMC’s India Office organised the 3rd Certified Workshop on Islamic Business (Ethics and Principles). The workshop was in partnership with Sarkhej (Ahmedabad) Jamaat and was in collaboration with Servants of Imam Ali (a.s) group and Jamiat Fatima (s.a.) Hawza.
From Left: Oves Jafri, Irfan Karim, Sayyed Ehsan Saheb, Asad Virani and Participants
The 2-day workshop was organised on 14th and 15th November 2015 at Hotel Epsilon Conference Room, Ahmedabad. Workshop facilitators were Maulana Sayyed Ehsan Haider Jawadi, the principal of Hawza Jamiat Fatima (s.a.), and Brother Irfan Karim.
Sayyed was in charge of the research and development of the course content. Brother Irfan Karim is a Chartered Accountant by profession and the CFO of an IT Analytics company in Mumbai. Br. Irfan assisted Sayyed Ehsan in co-relating Islamic principles with modern day business concepts.
The topics covered were:
• Business and Islamic Responsibility
• Importance of doing Business
• Islamic Rules of doing Business
• The necessity to keep Allah in mind in all transactions
• Not to practice monopoly; avoid fixed prices with excessive profits; dealing fairly; not varying prices according to the clients
• Obligation for everyone to earn a living
• Usury and Interest
• Rights of employees; rights of partners; rights of the buyer and seller.
• Business Partnerships, Contracts, Commissions, Services, Rent, etc.
A total of 26 participants attended the course which included:
• Professionals: Doctors, Engineers, Company Secretary, IT Analyst, Lecturer
• Renowned Businessmen of the Ahmedabad Community
• Aspiring young businessmen and students
Participants were able to ask questions and discuss issues during the day as the whole course was interactive. Based on the topics covered, the participants were handed activity sheets stating real life scenarios which were to be solved in groups.
Br Irfan Karim
Sayyed Ehsan Haider Jamadali Saheb
At the end of the 2 day course, the participants had many questions and doubts cleared regarding various aspects of Islam and Business.
Riyaz Lakhani, participant: " Very insightful workshop. I can now understand the difference between Deendari and Dunyadari "
Mohamed Zaki Noorani, participant: " Content was simply the best, awesome! "
Prof. Siraj Sundrani, participant: " This is a first of its kind workshop. I congratulate WF for the same "
Participants enjoying the interactive sessions
Group actvity time
Asad Virani, Manager of The World Federation India Office says: “ This was the best mix of participants we have had so far. Special thanks to Br. Oves Jafri, Trustee of Sarkhej Jamaat, to have worked selfessly in organising this workshop. InshaAllah we will have many such workshops in the coming months for the community in Ahmedabad ."
Read a paper on Islam & Business by Shaykh Kumail Rajani here
For more info please email [email protected]
To support future initiatives such as this event in India, please click here
Everything you need to know about the Madrasah Centre of Excellence (MCE) can be found here for 2019.
Tafseer (Commentary) of Sura Qadr taken from Shaykh Muhsin Qara’ati’s Tafseer Noo