The inception of Meraj Educational Publishers of Bilal Muslim Mission of Scandinavia - Märsta - Sweden took place in 1988 after a trip for the Holy Ziyarat of Iraq.
Shaykh Dr Murtadha Alidina, Head of The World Federation's Islamic Education department, presented a report at The World Federation Executive Council (ExCo) Meeting as part of the Secretariat updates.
Watch the video of Shaykh Dr Murtadha Alidina presenting his report at ExCo in Karachi December 2018
In this video recording of his report, Shaykh Alidina:
- Presents the principles, taken from the Holy Qur’an and Hadith, which the WF-IE has based its approach on;
- Summarises the process taken by the WF-IE to investigate and prepare a compilation of the views;
- Clarifies why it has taken the WF-IE so long to get to this stage;
- Gives examples of where there are problems in the views;
- Makes a suggestion for the way forward.
With regard to the next step, the Executive Council decided that Shaykh Alidina should consult senior scholars in Najaf and Qum, including His Eminence al-Sayyid Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani (may Allah protect our scholars), and get guidance on this matter. It was also decided that in the intervening period, the community should be advised to exercise the path of caution and refrain from speakers where there is a risk of division and misunderstanding of the Shi’a Ithna-‘Ashari faith.
Imam Ali Ridha (A.S), our 8th Imam was born in Medina on 11th Dhul Qaida to Imam Musa Kadhim(A.S) and his mother Arwi. Imam Ridha (a.s) was famously known for his generosity and patience. He provided us with a lot of advice on how to take care of ourselves.
My dream to relive precious moments in the tranquil land of Iran near the blessed personalities of Imam Ali-ibn-Musa Ar-Redha (as) and Bibi Fatima Masuma (sa) soon became a reality...