Following the overwhelming and positive response from 16 countries on our International Poetry and Muqasida competition in Urdu, The World Federation of KSIMC is back again with another extraordinary competition, but this time in three languages: English, Urdu and French!
The Nahjul Balagha, a compilation of the sermons, letters and maxims of Mawla Ameer al-Mu’mineen Ali (a) is the second most important Islamic book after the Holy Qur’an for the Shi’as. It is not only known for its eloquent content; but is considered as a masterpiece of literature among the Muslims. On the auspicious occasion of Eid al-Ghadeer, the External Tableegh Department is elated to announce the Nahjul Balagha International Essay Competition for the first time!
Last date to submit the entries: 14th October 2022 (17th Rabi ul-Awwal) at midnight UK time.
(Anything received after the deadline will not be accepted)
Final winner results to be announced: 14th January 2023
Results to be announced via a Webinar from The World Federation YouTube channel.
1st Prize – (3 winners) All expenses paid Ziyarat trip to Iraq.
2nd Prize – (3 winners) USD 500 each.
3rd Prize – (3 winners) USD 200 each
30 selected essays will be compiled in a book/e-book which will be made available to the public to be downloaded for free from our website.
Above the age of 20 and open for both males and females from all faiths and denominations.
We specially encourage the Tullaab of Hawza Ilmiyyah, our respected Ulema and Muballigheen to participate in this program.
Criteria for the Essay:
The essay should have a high academic standard, its elements should be original, innovative, unique, with in-depth analysis and research based.
The author should stick on the allocated topic. Ayaat and Rivayaat can be used but it has to be focused on the teachings from Nahjul Balagha.
The essay body should have an introduction, development content and conclusion and should be written with good English literature.
Around 3000 words
1. Nahjul Balagha – Best Tafsir of the Qur’an
2. The concept of Towheed in the light of Nahjul Balagha
3. Nahjul Balagha and Guidance for the young generation in this modern era
4. Human Rights and Nahjul Balagha
5. Distinction of righteousness and falsehood from Nahjul Balagha
6. Rise and Decline of communities in light of Nahjul Balagha
7. Unity of the Ummah in Nahjul Balagha
8. Self-development and soul upbringing from Nahjul Balagha
9. Immaculate conscience and content heart from Nahjul Balagha
10. Mahdawiyyat in Nahjul Balagha
11. Imamology: Cognition of the Imam from the words of the Imam in Nahjul Balagha
12. Mental Health in Nahjul Balagha
13. Leadership based on Taqwa and best governance system from Nahjul Balagha
14. A strategic charity plan from Nahjul Balagha
Registration via Google form – The participants will have to fill the form to register and mention any 3 of their preferred topics from the list of topics provided.
Based on the preference, the participants will be allocated a topic, subject to availability of the slots in that topic category and a confirmation email will be sent to them.
In case all slots from the selected categories are filled, we will send the participants the topics which are available and ask them to choose from it.
Participants will submit their essays in a Microsoft Word file and email it to us at: [email protected] before the deadline.
To ensure fair evaluation, all the entries will be allocated a code and the name of the author will be removed.
The assessment of the essays will be done by 5 competent judges, based on the above mentioned criterions.